Friday, January 26, 2007

Some new jewelry added to the shop

The new jewelry is here! The new jewelry is here!

Yes I happy...come to think of it I'm always happy when I make new jewelry.

Pendent,bracelets,necklace oh my where to start

Let's start with Malachite...

But what is Malachite Jewels ? I can hear you ask.

"Malachite was used as a mineral pigment in green paints from antiquity until about 1800. The pigment is moderately lightfast, very sensitive to acids and varying in colour.

It is also used for decorative purposes, such as in the Malachite Room in the Hermitage which features a huge malachite vase. "The Tazza", one of the largest pieces of malachite in North America and a gift from Tsar Nicholas II, stands as the focal point in the center of the room of Linda Hall Library." Source wikipedia.org

Malachite is soft so it is sensitive to: heat, acids, ammonia and hot water. This means, do not clean the house , pet ,car or cooking while wearing it.














This is a lovely pendent I made using Malachite, wire and tiny silver plated beads.



$18.00 for sale here: BUY ME!








This bracelet is called Malachite insanity . Why ? Because there is about 180 jump rings in it.
If you would like to have this bracelet, you can have it here: BUY ME!

1 comment:

Caffeinated Crafts said...

I love the bracelet!!! The malachite is gorgeous and I love all the jump rings!!
Wonderful!!
Kathy